Monday, January 28, 2008

Ahh for the old days again...

I have owned a parcel of land in Caledon Mayfair for quite some time now, those of you who know me in Caledon know this. It used to be that anywhere I went in Caledon a simple hello to another would strike up a short but enjoyable conversation. After doing just that a couple times today, and only in sleepy little Mayfair, my greetings weren't responded to so friendly if they were returned at all.

A rumor has been circulating that the growth in Caledon is due to people who don't really care for Victorian dress or lifestyle simply wishing to escape the mainland for whatever reason. Caledon won't have strip clubs or spinning obnoxious signs, but those were small bothers to me. The big bother for me on the mainland was the people. Curt, short, responses to questions or greetings if not blatently rude comments at my very presence.

It would seem that Caledon is socially becoming more like the mainland. Now, the dances and other events will still go on, but under all of that. In the social domain where two people share a friendly hello and a following conversation, it is there that I see the problem. Privacy is possible in Caledon, but not on the ground.

There's my rant, deal with it, comment as you like.

No comments: